I logged on first thing this morning to write a post.

I went to YouTube and did a search for “Memorial Day Armed Forces”.

After watching nine or ten videos comprising collections of photos and videos set to music, I no longer wanted to put one on the blog, I just wanted to go back to bed.

For every single one of you who is still overseas, I hope and pray that you return home safely to your families when your duty there is done.

For every one of you who has a friend or loved one still in harms way, I hope and pray that they return to you in the fullness of time, safe and sound and full of stories that are appropriate for young listeners. The stories they could tell, but won’t, over a few beers late at night? Probably not so safe for virgin ears.

I find it sad, and more than a little amusing, that when I read the viewpoints of the pampered and the petty, the asshats and those used to instant gratification of their every wish and whim, and most of all the stupid crap that comes out of the mouths of those who feel entitled to everything AND a new car just for existing in America, that the freedom they each enjoy and take for granted was earned, HARD earned with the blood, sweat, tears, hardship and devotion to duty of the American service-men and women that chose to volunteer to stand up and do their best to serve the people of this country and defend our liberty.

For all of you and your families, no matter where the hell you are, that have ever served or are serving now, God bless you all.

Many in this country may not have the slightest idea of how much of their way of life they owe to your sacrifices, but I sure as hell do.

I hope I see you all in game, someday.

Peace, brothers and sisters. Semper Fi.

9 Responses to “Memorial Day hopes and wishes”
  1. tazbutane says:

BBB, well said!

I would like to add my prayers and well wishes to everyone who has put themselves in harms way to protect our great country. Semper Fi!

2. Viktel says:

Hey!

Thanks for that. I just had a friendly thank you post in the WoW Forums blasted by a Troll. You put it much more elegantly than I could.

And Thank You All, for your service.

We appreciate it and keep y’all in our thoughts.

3. Christopher says:

Very well said, sir. A fitting tribute indeed.

4. Nighthawque says:

Thanks from all of us who are continuing to serve.

5. Oggo says:

Well said, and thank you from those like yourself who served in years past.

USN 1986-1994

6. Dechion says:

Bravo Zulu, Well written as always.

USN 1988-1995

7. Pidge says:

Thank you for reminding people that Memorial Day is more than just another day off to play WoW.

Thank you and all those that volunteered service for your country.

And to those still in the field, I hope you all take pride in your work, watch each other’s back, and come home safe.

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don’t have that problem. ”
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

8. Kikidas says:

God Bless (day late for the holiday, but never a sentiment that should be limited to only a single day, anyway.)

9. Anna says:

Well said and a fitting tribute. And if I might send a special thought to Zelig, Aridin, Paleteal, Jackpot, Button, and all the other WoW players that are serving on active duty right now.

God Bless!