Just wanted to thank so many of you guys (and ladies, of course) for your many musical suggestions.

And since I’m all about the sharing, just wanted to share with you my current “in the car” CD that I created based on your suggestions.

• Nemesea – No More
  • Epica – Never Enough
  • Cruxshadows – Eye of the Storm
  • Within Temptation – The Howling
  • Within Temptation – Stand My Ground
  • Nightwish – Nemo
  • Nightwish – Planet Hell
16 Responses to “A reader-driven playlist”
  1. Nice List! great taste… – Looks similar to some of my Ipod’s “on the way to work on a Crowded train – need to drown out people” play list

2. Bellwether says:

I totally missed where people were giving music selections. But you know what? Now I’m going to send you music.

You are not prepared.

3. Atros says:

Very very solid list, your tastes run about parallel to mine.

4. Regis says:

Yup, pretty solid list. But if you like those artists you should also listen to In Flames and Mustasch, two great bands.

There are different kinds of music for different kinds of events. For example when I travel I like to listen to podcasts and audio books, when I travel alone its nice with some of the music you suggested, and when cruising in the heat with windows down you need something heavier with more bass ;)

5. Yvelle says:

Nightwish – sweet. :) Anyone who likes Flyleaf, needs to listen to Nightwish. Win!

6. Euripedes says:

I finally got my grubby hands on a copy of “I’m So Sick”, LIVE.

It’s a much more…. visceral song, if it’s live.

7. slayerboy says:

Excellent choices!

Check out In This Moment and Lacuna Coil. You might like Iced Earth and Blind Guardian. Maybe Amon Amarth ‘With Odin on our side” or something like that. That whole cd is just gold. Also, maybe check out Social Distortion’s “Somewhere between heaven and hell” CD. I’ve worn out 2 cd’s of that title, it’s that damn good. Not “heavy”, not too “punk”, but rockin.

8. Verolia says:

Personally, your best song is “Fully Alive”

Flyleaf is a very talented band that should have hit main stream.

And if anyone wants to tell me what movie they play “So sick” in, ill be very impressed. (hint: It was in the last year)

The song was in the latest Resident Evil movie… I loved the first one of those.

10. eustashius says:

Some of my favorites are on there, BBB!
    I’d also suggest Lacuna Coil as one you might like.

11. Rav says:

Some nice somgs there.

I’d suggest After Forever.

12. Darkk says:

Omfg, Nightwish! Finnish metal ftw. ^^

Paramore rocks too, nice stuff you got there.

13. Stale says:

Awww… no Porcupine Tree…

And here I was thinking you were cool :P jkz

14. Verolia says:

“The song was in the latest Resident Evil movie… I loved the first one of those.”

I was thinking more along the lines of it being Die Hard 4: Life Free or Die Hard

15. Trackhoof says:

Triple B, since I have the anonymity of the internet to protect me from your giant ex-marine wrath, you have the musical taste of an angsty 16 year old girl. :P

However, I would have to agree with Regis on In Flames. Absolutely phenomenal band, I’ve had the fortune to see them twice live, and been blown away both times.

If you’re at all inclined to check them out, good tracks to lure you in’d be “Dead End” off of their Come Clarity album and “Whoracle” off of the album of the same name; however, the ladies are guest vocalists.

16. Legol (Bloodhoof-US) says:

Awesome set list there man. I’ll suggest to you a cd because of your love of Nightwish. Go out and get Tarja’s cd My Winter Storm. It’s the Ex-singer from Nightwish’s first solo cd, and it’s AWESOME. There’s an amazing cover of Alice Cooper’s “Poison” on there that I think you’d enjoy.

Awesome blog, and cant wait to hear you on the WoW Insider Show again.