A little music for Breana, and everyone else that has told me they like the Celtic and Irish music, and wish I still shared a song once in a while…

I present to you Silly Wizard… and no, not the Unicorn Song. Instead, this is teh Queen of Argyll, one of my favorite songs of all time.

Enjoy.

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA
7 Responses to “A little music for Breana”
  1. twww says:

A man after my own heart.

The husband and I had plans to see Andy Stewart a couple/few years back. He was going to be playing a VERY small venue in Vermont and we managed to get tickets and arranged a place to stay for the night (we’re in CT). We were so excited!

Then Mr Stewart went and threw his back out and cancelled the show. :(

I’m still waiting for him to schedule something nearby…..

2. Qzz says:

Great song. I always love sharing good Celtic music. Here are a couple great podcasts:

Ayepod.net
    The Angus Sessions

And a couple good bands:

Tears for Beers
    Jackdaw
    Real Mckenzies
    Afro Celtic Sound System
    Brobdingnagian Bards
    Dolemites
    Great Big Sea
    Prodigals
    Whooligans (my favorite local Long Beach Ca. band)
    Wolfe Tones

Only problem was, I cant read your blog at work. Its blocked for streaming media.

3. Auzara says:

<3 This!

Much love for “Old Maid in the Garret,” “What’s Left of the Flag,” and “Come By The Hills”

4. Hulan says:

Oooh, that’s really great! I haven’t come across them before *wanders off to put “Silly Wizard” into Google*

5. eustashius says:

Thank you for posting this, now if you’ll excuse me I have an artist to read up on…

6. Mannyac says:

Silly Wizard rocks. The Queen of Argyle is one of my favorite songs. Ramblin Rover and Donald are two of my other favs.
    The Tim Malloys used to play quite a bit of Silly Wizard’s music for me and BBB. I once asked why an Irish band was playing a Scot song. The answer: Scotsman are only Irishmen who learned how to swim. BBB you should put up Tim Malloy’s Whiskey was my First.

7. Breana says:

oh wow! Thanks so much Bear. It is just beautiful!