Since I’m in a very good mood tonight, and more on why tomorrow, I am going to share a fun video clip that was sent in to me by Nate, who is also known as ForSquirrels.

This video was brought to mind by a friend of ForSquirrels, after he shared that simple little test from earlier in the week.

Oh, and I got a lot of emails from folks about that one, including, believe it or not, several folks that seemed to take it as a serious tactical decision on the Marine’s part, rather than a joke about mental attitude. I guess I shouldn’t have gone to the trouble of using an accurate count on the magazine size of a Glock 23. That seemed to throw folks off. It’s cool, I liked it. I hope you did too.

This video clip… well, this clip made me laugh out loud in real life. And I enjoyed it enough to actually type all that out just now, so you knew I meant it.

If I thought Shatner had written this bit, I’d give him a huge /hug. As it is, his acting was… very, very convincing. He is my new hero.

Enjoy!

12 Responses to “A sincere follow up to the Simple Test”
  1. Gizzmo says:

Oh yea that really did make me laugh out loud also, so much that i watched it several times

2. Tesh says:

That’s almost… Kirk-like. Nothing like a good handheld weapon, huh?

3. Dwimmerlaik says:

I laughed so hard I just about passed out. Perfect follow-up to the Simple Test.

4. ARA says:

Oh !@#$ that is too funny !

5. Mosshoof says:

Amusingly enough, the evening you posted the “simple test”, Mr. Mosshoof was watching a different clip from that show. I interrupted him, told him the joke, and when he came back to the clip, the Danny Crane character (Shatner), proudly announces he’s an former marine, and starts looking for his gun to try to take control of a hostage situation. It cracked me up, the timing was so good.

(I’m afraid, however, I didn’t get the bullet count right in my retelling.)

6. Artercy says:

Holy mother of christ. As soon as it was over…I yelled Oh my god!! Shatner is climbing the awesome list. Thank god no one was around to hear that exclamation of surprise >_> <_<

7. Caelean says:

Sorry, but if you’ve got to use lethal force, you aim for a kill. None of this kneecapping crap if he’s got a gun.

8. Mannyac says:

HOLY SH@T funny, only thing missing is the Kirk crouch and roll

9. CZ says:

Sweet!!!

10. Elton says:

I burst out laughing at the end there, what a great video.

11. Ryagas says:

I’m going to have to send this one around to my co-workers. They’ll love it!