MMO Champion has, as usual, begun posting and updating a masterful collection of anything and everything new related to the 3.1 Patch that is on the PTR as of last night.

There is so much stuff there, that I just can’t really cover it all right now. The best I can tell you is to go to MMO Chapmion and see for yourself. It’s massive, and the undocumented changes MMO Champion is reporting finding are the real show at the moment.

I’m still in shock due to other things in the blog world (why is it that someone that is a roaring asshat, a hardcore arrogant egotistical little prick, that you wish would stop blogging, just goes on forever, while the nicest, most incredible, wonderful blogger in the whole world decides it’s time to stop writing to concentrate on family? Why, God? Why? I give to charity, I don’t kick puppies… give me a break, man.) but I did want to mention four things that just blindsided me in this one.

1) A massive amount of new non-combat pets is listed as being added. Oh how freaking awesome! And one is a puppy!

I have long, LONG maintained that the fact that there are many cat non-combat pets, but only one doggie model was a shameful aberration and an insult to dog lovers everywhere.

There should be a Pug, a Bulldog, a Doberman, a German Shepard, a Great Dane, a Poodle… even a Boston Terrier! Lots of dogs!

Yes, I know that new dog models is a lot more work than different kitty skins on teh same cat chassis… I dinnae care. Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that nobody at Blizzard has a dog and understands the bond between a person and their beloved pet?

Oh, and I’m a cat person, myself… but that does not mean I lack empathy for my doggie brothers and sisters.

2) An Aquatic  MANTA RAY MOUNT?!?! WTF!?

Okay, all I can say is… I brought it to you here FIRST, damnit!

That just came outta nowhere… please, let me have underwater PvP.

3) New monster models with pictures are up… and can I say, I sure hope THIS is tameable? Please?

spectraltigerferal_violet

Image courtesy of MMO Champion, of course.

4) The next round of crafted epics is revealed, at least in part… requiring Runed Orbs instead of Frozen Orbs. I guess it’s safe to say you’ll be getting those as BoP drops in Ulduar, eh? So Leatherworkers making some nice crafted epic boots and belts, everybody making SOMETHING.. and tons of new Glyphs. Lots of crafting goodies coming.

But hey… seriously… can my hunter tame that kitty? Huh? Please?

Oh wait, you wanted Druid breakdowns?

I think I’m going to wait a bit. I talked about most of it a bit already, and I’d like to see this stuff up for more than an evening before I make any statements.

It’s enough just to wade through all that and speculate, isn’t it?

18 Responses to “A new Patch on the PTR, and craziness ensues”
  1. Bellwether says:

Though we’re probably thinking of different people in the category of who we’d like to see end blogging, I agree that Phae will be sorely missed. But, don’t look at it as God out to get you, but rather Him blessing Phae with her heart’s desire. :)

2. Anglachel says:

wow… if that cat can be tamed i may have to level my hunter… (currently using a ghost cat :P)

3. Grimtorn says:

World of Raids seems to think that most of the new pets/mounts will be connected to the Argent Tournament.

4. Ironhelm says:

@BBB, they already gave Alliance a Pug pet: gnomes! I know, I know – that’s mean not to give any to Horde, but they gave the Taurens a pet too: Blood Elves! O.o

5. Jen says:

Ok… wow! I want that cat for my Hunter. She always has a cat as her best friend and that one is beautiful. I hope it is tameable too. I don’t even care if every Hunter on my server ends up with one, it’s that cool to me. :)

BTW, Hi. :P

I stop by here regularly but I think this is my first comment. Maybe??? Anyway, I like your blog. You sure know the game way better than I ever will. I hope you keep blogging for a while.

6. krizzlybear says:

As a frost mage, I am critting my pants. Repeatedly. I cannot stress this enough.

Did I ever tell you how much I love your blog BBB? I hope you never leave =(

Yes, 3.1 Frost Buffs. BIG TIME. That kitty is pretty neat too. <3<3<3<3<3

7. Melpo says:

you know, even though I don’t have the opportunity to raid given my RL schedule, this patch (argent tourney, ulduar, mechanics changes, etc) sure has me excited. Don’t really know why though.

8. Ratshag says:

I’s totally down with the idea of a pug non-combat pet.

9. Chuddy says:

I’m digging the non-combat pets. Might make the achievement a little easier, ha ha. I’m curious about the mounts. Maybe i’m just forgetting but there really arent many “water” areas. At least a spot where many people would be needing to use it for long amounts of time? Sure I know zangarmash is big but you really dont need to say y’know. I need to get a boat ride across. I’m looking at this specifically

Aquatic Riding Ray – Summons and dismisses an Aquatic Riding Ray. This is an aquatic mount.

10. CapnTuna says:

Is that the new feral cat form?

11. Jawsome says:

I WANT A PUPPY!!!! :) <3

12. ech says:

As a Pembroke Welsh Corgi owner, I’d suggest they would be a great pet model – the breed is frequently described as “a big dog’s soul in a small dog’s body”. Since they are a herding breed, they would be great for rounding up Gnomes and other livestock. :-)

13. Darthregis says:

Undocumented change:

Survival of the Fittest (Tier 6) now increases your armor contribution from cloth and leather items in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 11/22/33%. (Previously 22/44/66%)

Things are going to sting a little more… :(

14. Lushious says:

BBB, you fail to remember that Cats > Dogs. One need only go to the website http://icanhascheezburger.com/ for this to be further reinforced.

15. garinow says:

I vote for neapolitan mastiff.

16. Kivuli says:

I… -‘m not happy with this, on the whole. I realize I’m in the vast minority about this, but it seems more and more that Blizzard wants Ferals to be polarized. It has always been my philosophy that I should not have to carry around multiple sets of gear or respec back and forth to do both jobs my chosen tree is cut out to do. I try very hard to be good at both tanking and DPSing with the same spec and the same gear, with the exception of a trinket swap. So far I’ve managed to do that fairly effectively, but these changes are going to leave me in the dirt on the DPS side or hurt me on the tank side. I love the new DoT crit talent, and it should be a significant boost to sustained cat DPS, but having 5/5 Rend and Tear be a pre-req for it is absolutely murderous on my hybrid build. I don’t think I can possibly fit it in, which means my tank/DPS -ing is going to go from a relative 8/8 (out of ten) to either 5/10 or 8/5 depending on how I’ve worked out the points at the moment. I’m willing to wait and see on this, of course, and I’m eager for the theroycrafters to figure out exactly what benefits the new stuff will have, but on the whole I’m not terribly happy with the way things stand at the moment.

17. Kym says:

Patch 3.1

One word for me (ok..maybe 2 words )
    Dual-Spec.

Finally, Icanhaztankhealzdpspls. Druids for the win. nom nom nom nom

kthxbye

18. Riverwish says:

Pets pets pets :D:D /excited

I’m at 72 now…. So so close to that cute little deer (perfect for a druid) pet :)