Sorry for running silent, running deep around here lately.

I’ve got the gear stuff on hold right this second, because, believe it or not, I am expecting a few more changes to itemization weighting before 3.2, things that haven’t been announced yet in their final state. So, if you’re waiting with baited breath… go brush. Whew, stinky!

If you’ve been craving more of the Bear (and after all, who doesn’t) then may I suggest you tune in this weekend (Saturday, around 3PM Eastern time) to the WoW.com/WoW Insider podcast, where they are holding their 100th Anniversary podcast, and rumor has it a certain ursine individual who has a big butt and cannot lie may have been invited to attend.

You know you love hearing me chat with Mike Schramm. It’s okay, you can admit it.

In other news, I’m busier than a one pawed bear in a salmon stream. I haven’t even had much time to log in or play lately, let alone work on blog stuff, because I’m short staffed in my department (in a good way… cut out the dead wood! Woot!), interviewing applicants to fill the opening, and at the same time preparing for some incoming audits by addressing maintenance concerns that must be complete by August 7th.

No worries, just wanted to explain that things aren’t dead here, I’m just spending a lot more time at work late, and at home we’re having fun with Alex and doing more family stuff. As things get addressed, more time will become available to stay up late to write. :)

In the meantime… I’ve got the PBeM story churning in my head, DYING to have the next turn written, I’ve got the Ultimate Bear Drinking Storytime to write, and the evil secret project of doom to blossom… evil blossoms! Evil! Like, invasion of the body snatcher blossom flower evil, like flowers that shoot Spock in the neck and make him happy and get laid evil! These are seriously evil blossoming ideas here!

Oh, and when you DO see what the evil secret project of doom is, remember one key thing;

It’s ALL Breana’s fault. ALL of it!

That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

7 Responses to “I’m still standing”

In other news, once I have confirmation I’m going to be on the podcast, and have links and things to share, I’ll post it. So stay tuned!

2. Oso says:

psyched for some feral-lovin’ on the WoW Insider podcast!

3. random says:

It’s ‘bated’ btw…

4. Bre says:

Really?! I don’t see how that is even remotely possible. All I have done is help add water to your evil idea. That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Sigh.

To cut this sudden controversy off, allow me to lead you through my thought process when writing a sentence, this one time.

The common phrase is ‘bated breath’, from abated breathing; shortened breath. Bait in Minnesota is commonly small minnows and other live fish, for the catching of the sacred walleye. I am a Bear; bears love fish. Okay, bears are omnivores, they eat anything, but they love fish. Fish, when left to spoil, becomes stinky.

Bated breath to baited breath to fish breath to stinky. It’s a humorous word chain, and I thought it was funny. And, as with any joke, once it has to be explained, the author realizes it was never funny in the first place.

6. Morphy of Zuljin says:

Lol, I have to disagree. I understood the original intentional misspelling and it’s implied reference but in my opinion your overly-patient explanation was even funnier. :-)

7. Drae says:

Oh, no, it was funny. Some people just don’t get jokes. :D Explanation not required (although also humorous)