How to describe this?

Ah, I know…

“Japanese Game Show”.

All I gotta say, right there.

No, wait, I better say more.

This is a Japanese Game Show I have had described to me as being called “Panic Face King”, where the goal is to place real people in situations where they think there is something going on that causes them to totally panic… on hidden camera.

In this clip, this poor young man is in a business meeting… when suddenly, the windows explode, there is the sound of gunfire, and his coworkers bodies erupt in blood. He panics and tries to flee the room, only to find the door locked.

The close ups of his face are the point of the show… “Panic Face King”.

Wow.

10 Responses to “Are these people insane? Or brilliant?”
  1. Taz says:

Oh. My. God. Okay, reason #3425 I will never understand the true entertainment value the Japanese are getting from their game shows.

2. Althalas says:

This is funny to them. This is why the Japanese are such a fucking terror as a military power. Good lord.

3. Maerdred says:

Now that’s quality Television Programming!
    .-= Maerdred´s last blog ..Railing against Stupidity! =-.

4. Tesh says:

I’m not usually one to indulge such thoughts, but if I were that guy, I may well flip off the camera and start kneeing people in the ‘nads.

Amazing.
    .-= Tesh´s last blog ..Death Grip on the Reins =-.

5. Kirk says:

Scare Tactics, Japanese style.

6. Mannyac says:

I agree with Kirk, Scare Tactics.

I’ve been waiting for someone on Scare Tactics to go postal instead of being terrified.

7. Jason says:

Ah Japan. Don’t ever change :D

8. Necrodin says:

Appalling !
    Why do people laugh at this sort of thing? I get cross with my kids for laughing at Funniest Home Videos when there are real people getting hurt.
    TV has a lot to answer for by desensitizing people to violence.
    This is really sad. :-(

9. Lenaiya says:

I’m not sure if that’s more hilarious or horrific.

10. Corwyn says:

“He panics and tries to flee the room”

He sensibly decides he has better things to do with his day, than be in a room with incoming gunfire.