United_States_Department_of_Veterans_Affairs_Veterans_Day_2009_posterTo all Veterans, I offer you my heartfelt thanks on this day, and all days, for all that you do and have done in the name of liberty, freedom, duty and justice.

I strive to remember, on this day and all days, that the liberties I enjoy, the freedom that I have to live my life, to spend time with my family in peace, to work for a better life, and even to spend time in idle play within the virtual world of a video game  or to blog about it endlessly, is all due to your hard work and personal sacrifice.

Veterans, truly, for all that you have done, and all that you continue to do, you have my gratitude, freely and without reservation.

God bless you.

And as a veteran myself, thank you to Dechion for your well wishes today, and for being far more eloquent than me. :)

6 Responses to “Thank you, Veterans!”
  1. Bullshizer says:

Thanks BBB! Same to you and Happy Veterans Day to all our our servicemen and servicewomen – past, present, and future.

2. Dechion says:

Thanks much for the kind words, for your service, and for blowing up my hit counter :)

At risk of advertising on your site (just nuke this comment if needed) a friend of mine and I just got back from eating lunch at Applebees. Show proof of service and your meal is free. (pay for your own drinks and tip).

Nice to see someplace giving back.
    .-= Dechion´s last blog ..Thanks =-.

3. Firecroch says:

The cafeteria at my workplace gave all veterans free drinks, coffee, etc. Unfortunately the quality of their food make those even thinking of getting something else have a nervous breakdown from stress.

4. Sprink says:

Thank you BBB! Happy Veterans Day to you, and to all those who have served, or are serving in the armed forces! /hugs all
    .-= Sprink´s last blog ..Wownaversary: Year One =-.

5. Myrx says:

I’d like to add my thanks as well.

Ever since I read ‘Starship Troopers’ as a kid, veterans have had a special place in my heart. (The movie version… eh, let’s not go there)
    As I learned more about WW II, and other conflicts, and talked with relatives who served – my appreciation has only grown.

I may not always agree with the policy decisions that send our fine servicemen and servicewomen into harm’s way –
    but I support our people in the front lines. Always.
    We owe them the best support, training and equipment we can provide while they’re deployed, and proper benefits when they return.

And our heartfelt thanks, always.

Gratefully,
    Myrx

6. Elegantdeath says:

Thank you for your post. It’s good to see there are so many fellow Vets around. I am also a disabled vet but far more fortunate than others as my disability does not prevent me from working nor have too much of an influence on my daily life (just a few visits to the VA during the year… speaking of bad coffee).

Hooah.