I’ve been asked this a few times, so here you go.

I use a WordPress theme that ties in commenter email addresses to a Gravatar image they set up themselves.

If you do not have a Gravatar you setup yourself, then this site randomly assigns one to you from a various set of generics.

If you would like to set up your own Gravatar that this site will display next to your name in the comments, simply visit the Gravatar website and follow the instructions to be found there! That’s where they all come from.

They’re just there for fun, but I’ll be straight with you… I love seeing what people choose as their own Gravatar, their visual depiction of themselves.

It’s neat!

19 Responses to “Setting up comment Gravatars”
  1. Kestrel says:

Here’s mine!
    .-= Kestrel´s last blog ..Weekly Wrap-Up: March 12 =-.

2. Kestrel says:

And I didn’t realize you had installed CommentLuv–woot! (Now you just need to let us edit comments, so I don’t have to double post.) ;)
    .-= Kestrel´s last blog ..Weekly Wrap-Up: March 12 =-.

3. Stephanie says:

I like Gravatars just because it makes it easier to recognize a regular talker. :D

And this is mine. I’m drinking a kamikaze shot on my 21st. :p
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Starting a Budget =-.

4. For the Pie says:

Testings
    .-= For the Pie´s last blog ..I’m in a glass case of emotion. =-.

Looking good on this end, Mr Pie.

Stephanie, I was wondering what that was…

And Kestrel… funny thing is, we never have been able to figure out how to allow comment editing. But we’re cool with that. We figure, it encourages folks to think twice, post once. :)

Of course, *I* get to edit my comments. :)

6. Rijy says:

Is there a grenade bear option?

7. Rijy says:

Test as well.

So as to make this comment not completely worthless, BBB, is there a good time to ask for advice on tanking quandaries when other involved parties are…uncooperative and sometimes flat out rude?

I don’t want to clog up your non-game posts with game-related content, if you know what I mean.

8. Oakayam says:

I want to see mine too BBB -Test – =)

9. Bati says:

Oakayam… what exactly is there? seems an eye but I am not sure.
    And hello btw :)

10. Oakayam says:

Ahh it’s working. I will share a little story not be ‘that nonsense poster’. Back in the day when we where working on Kel’Thuzad in Naxx ( wolk ) we introduced buddy system for our melees to limit amount of frost tombs to the unfortunate pair of buddies. I was kitty speced those days and my buddy combat rogue went ahead and picked a spot on the side of the boss where I wasn’t able to shred. I recall exclaiming on vent: “But.. I NEED the buttocks!”. Whole vent answered with laughter and my guild note since this day forward became “I knead the buttocks!” to both make my spec known as well as to reminiscent.

11. Oakayam says:

@ Bati

Lol its a fourth avatar I tried ( they all come out so small ). It a kitty eye, puma’s to be exact.

12. Nimizar says:

Not a regular commenter here, but I like the random gravatar I was assigned over at Mania’s Arcania, so it was cool to see it appear here as well.

13. Ozzard says:

Thanks for the link, Bear.

14. Bolder63 says:

Just a reply from the Horde side of KT

15. Vidyala says:

Nimizar, you probably won’t see this comment…but the cool thing about the avatar you have is that those are randomly generated based on your e-mail address (I believe it’s e-mail address). So even though it’s a randomly generated thing, it should be the same at any blog that supports them. I think it’s pretty neat that they aren’t generic and are actually unique!

I love having a Gravatar though, and that it shows up the same everywhere I go. :D
    .-= Vidyala´s last blog ..It’s still pugging if you met in an instance. =-.

16. Bearspit says:

Look at me I’m wearing a real bear pelt!

17. suxxy says:

Let’s see if Erin turns up

18. Nimizar says:

@Vidyala: yeah, I’m pretty sure you’re right about the email address thing. User names would have too much chance of colliding, and my email address is the only other thing about me that both of the Gravatar-using blogs I frequent are aware of. That could be a bit of a trap actually, if you used the same hidden email address but different visible user names at two Gravatar-using sites.

Ah well, it’s not like I’m particularly worried about keeping my real name separate from my toon name, I just prefer using my toon name on WoW related sites :)

19. Rades says:

Another test, these can be deleted BBB. :)
    .-= Rades´s last blog ..Hunter basics: Kiting (a guide!) =-.