The fine folks over at the CASTaclysm podcast were nice enough to invite me as a guest last week, and I think it was a pretty good time.

That is Bear speak for, they’re a bunch of crazy bastards.

My kind of guys. :)

It’s now available for download as an mp3 from their website directly, and hopefully by the morning it will be live on iTunes. It’s Episode 22, and it wasn’t on iTunes when I just checked, so if you don’t see it there, you ain’t crazy.

I hope you enjoy it!

17 Responses to “Hey, there’s a podcast out there somewhere!”
  1. Itchi says:

At 1:36 am central time on sept 1st the podcast is available on itunes

2. Sarabian says:

Wow, they are actively sponsored by and promoting gold sellers. Someone let me know how the podcast turned out.

Well Sarabian, I’m surprised you say that. When I checked them out before doing the podcast, it looked to me that they were affiliated with only two other things; a Ventrilo server company (Typefrag) and a gold making guide website run by Markco, 20k Leveling, who is one of the three hosts of the show and has his own ‘gold making tips’ thingie on the podcast.

Maybe I missed something, but I see a big difference between someone offering tips on how YOU can make gold by playing the auction house, and actually selling gold to players.

And as I’ve said before, just because I don’t have ads on my own website doesn’t mean I’m prejudiced against people who do, OR people who write guides and try to sell them. Shadowpanther sells guides, and while I’d never buy one, I don’t hold that against him either.

Now, if someone DOES know of an actual gold SELLING sponsor that CASTaclysm is involved with, I’d love to hear it, because I don’t want to be an ostrich with my head stuck firmly in the sand saying “nah nah nah can’t hear you”.

But don’t think I’m going to be all that kind towards anyone that comes on my website to spread hurtful rumors about another person’s thing if they’re not true. Telling a potential audience that someone is associated with a gold seller, which WOULD act to cause folks to ban them sight unseen, is spreading hurtful rumors.

This isn’t Napoleonic Law here. The burden of proof towards innocense is not on my shoulders, or on CASTaclysms shoulders, as far as I’m concerned. The burden of proof is on the accuser.

Sarabian, are you able to share with us who the gold selling sponsor is they are actively sponsored by and promoting? I’d really like to know.

4. Russ says:

Hi, BBB

I saw your post about the live stream a couple of hours after it happened, so I searched it out that night and listened to their link while I ran heroics etc. I didn’t get to listen to more than the first 28 minutes or so, because every time I would try to back up and hear something I missed, it would freeze. So… I heard the first several minutes 5 times! (cue hilarity here)

I’m downloading the iTunes version now, so that I can pick up where I left off and hear it to the end. Glad to see that it is available there now!

@Sarabian: I don’t remember hearing any “gold selling” plugs – like BBB, I heard the Typefrag and gold-guide plugs, and that’s it.

Personally, having never heard BBB before, I was excited about the opportunity to hear him speak about bears (and druids in general). It was reason enough for me to visit a new podcast I had never listened to before.

Well Russ… um, I wouldn’t be all that excited. :)

On the other hand, I love podcasts… it gives me something to listen to while I’m fishing.

I guess poor Sarabian managed to hit a hot button there, because rumors can be pernicious things, once out there they linger like a fart in church.

I get a LOT of emails from people wanting something, usually for me to run their gold selling ads. But on rare occasions I’ve had invitations to join things that sometimes were sponsored by gold sellers. So, I do make an effort to check things out.

If the podcast I was on is associated with actual gold sellers then I didn’t check well enough, and that’s all there is to it. Totally my fault. But I did check, and I just checked again, and I still don’t see gold seller stuff. Might just be something I’m not looking at closely enough, but I need to know.

6. Russ says:

Hey man, you can’t tell me what I can or can’t be excited about! /hug

Seriously though, if any of the people I enjoy reading on a regular basis was on a podcast, I would be there listening. You are one of those. And so I listened. And I enjoyed it. :)

7. Shatamall says:

Russ, you should check out the Sidhe Devils Gone Wild podcast that B^3 did last year. That was some pretty funny stuff.

iTunes

8. Markco says:

Hey BBB thanks again for coming on our show and I apologize for the delay in getting the podcast out. Thunderer posted it last night and when I was listening today it had issues getting stuck about 15 minutes in so I asked Thunderer to take a look at making sure it works 100%.

It was by far my favorite podcast we’ve done yet and it was great to make you a part of it.

Regarding gold selling… none of the hosts on Castaclysm are in any way associated with gold selling sites. We are sponsored by Typefrag (a ventrillo hosting server) and 20k Leveling (a gold guide I update regularly).

The only thing I could see someone misinterpretting as gold selling are adsense ads on my site (http://www.justmytwocopper.org) eventhough I try very hard to remove them as new ones are created. Even the wow forums got hit by gold selling ads twce in the past.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to clarify things, Markco.

On the one hand, it’s a shame that the game community itself has these kinds of issues to deal with in the first place, gold selling spam and sellers and sneaky marketing techniques and embedded code in banner ads and all that stuff that makes us paranoid.

On the other hand… it’s really good to hear from, umm, the ‘horses mouth’ what the deal is. Really, thank you for taking your time to lay that to rest.

10. Sarabian says:

My apologies to both Bear and CASTaclysm for the inaccurate comment. It was an ad and I “assumed” (I should have known better) it was a sponsor. I will do better and check things more thoroughly in the future to avoid such slips. I am embarrassed and shamed for making it seem that you guys were in any way affiliated with gold sellers.

11. Markco says:

It’s ok Sarabian, I actually just finished adding another site to my block list today. Hopefully that’s the last for a little while!

12. Eviltouch says:

Mmm the itunes one is borked for me, stuck on downloading at around 30 megs while my other podcasts download fine. And cant import your mp3 version into itunes. Strange stuff. I will see if i can find a 3rd party program to transfer to my itouch/ipod/ipad/iphone/imac god I have to dang many toys. – lol loved listening to your other podcasts.

13. Markco says:

Hey guys if you enjoy the gold making side of things, and if bear butt doesn’t mind of course, I’d like to plug this month’s blogging carnival at JMTC:

20 Strategies: How to Turn 1,000 Gold into 2,000 Gold

14. Tesh says:

Thanks for the plug! Gotta admit, though, the “I Tank With My Face” isn’t mine. I did the “Do I Look Like I Wear Plate?” design… which I still need to make variants of for Trolls, Tauren and Worgen.

…maybe for Christmas. :)

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Nothing like live radio!

Actually, at the time I thought that the shirt they were talking about WAS your ‘Do i look like I wear Plate” design, because that’s the one I displayed most prominently, and I thought at the time they had mentioned the one that was like, the main one of awesome.

The two “I tank with my face” designs, of course, were done by that most brilliant t-shirt design contest winner, Kory, also known as Kory “The Sandwich” in international gaming circles.

16. Tesh says:

Yeah, just wanted to make sure he got credit, and I didn’t remember his name. :)

17. Itchi says:

listening to your commentary on Castaclysm and realized something…you sound just like Kevin Smith XD