No, it’s not Slim Shady.

My name is usually Big Bear Butt, and if you read Gnomeageddon’s blog like I do, you’ll see that Gnomer went a little nuts with the whole “having fun with names” thing. I do love that gnome.

Yes, as he said in that post, we are working on organizing an in-game charity event we’re calling “Raid from the Heart”. I said “we”, because it’s certainly not just myself… i’ve got a really nice team of volunteers that have been helping out a ton.

And yes, it is going to take place on my home server, Kael’thas-US, on both Horde and Alliance, and it will be open to players of both factions and all levels. We’re going to work to make sure that whatever happens, it’s all-level friendly. Or, at the very least, that we have plenty of rezzers.

At the moment, it’s not taking the form of an actual cross-Azeroth road race like our last event, the volunteer committee is leaning more towards an event-filled fun night with mile high club drops to go splat (possibly from the Dalaran sewer tunnel), and scavenger contests, and stuff like that. We’re working on it.

In the meantime, we do have a tentative date set for Saturday, October 16th, not sure of the time yet, and we do have guilds set up on both Horde and Alliance side, right now strictly for the purpose of in-game chat and a guild bank for the storage of linen cloth and to hold the finished Red Shirts we’re preparing.

If you’re interested in joining up early before the event on the server on either faction, the Alliance guild is called “Raid from the Heart” and the Horde guild is called “Raid to the Heart.”

No, you do not have to be in either guild for the event. That would be silly, what if you don’t have anyone guildless on the server free to join? No, there will be a big chat channel for everyone to join and chat in regardless of the guild allegiance, just like last year. But there is ALSO a guild available for those that are just making alts to pop in on the day, as it were.

Chances are HIGH that nobody will be online in either guild at the moment, because as I said… it’s just folks in the volunteer group right now getting some mats together, and a big thank you to Ninefingers/Fearro who has gotten a big start on it.

But, if you do want an invite, you can mail (in game) to Bigbearbutt on Horde or Windstar on Alliance to let me know what date and time you’ll be around to ask for one, I’ll try to log on then to do it. And anyone in either guild you happen to cath online can also send out invites, so don’t be shy.

I’m hoping we’re going to have lots of fun, but honestly, right now, it’s been a little hard for me to really break much time free for it. Work has ramped up, and I’ve been working a lot of weekends and 12 hour days. New machines coming in from overseas to install, other machines to move to make room, contractors to oversee, yada yada yada. But that should all ease off a bit in the next week or so. Either that, or I’ll be in a coma. Not sure which.

And in there somewhere, I’ve been teaching Alex how to browse the “play now” Scooby-Doo movies he can stream to his computer on Netflix. Man, does he like that Scooby-Doo.

I’m not sure if I should be evil or not, though. I haven’t let him see the anti-scooby.. Scrappy Doo. Once he finally finds out about Scrappy, I just know it’s going to destroy the show for him. Do I dare hold it back, and let his love build for the show until the eventual crash, and there WILL be a crash, and it becomes more than he can bear?

I just don’t know.

I know MY childhood was forver scarred. Darn you, Scrappy! Darn you to heck!

In other news, Tesh of Tish Tosh Tesh has been doing some insanely rad (do people still say Rad?) designs for the event, donating his time and (considerable) skill, and they look fantastic. Once we get closer, there will be shirts. That’s going to be our primary focus in giving this year, btw, shirts through Cafepress whose proceeds go directly to charity, do not pass go, do not send money to BBB. I’m really looking forward to it.

Seriously, these look fabulous. Here’s a little teaser he did as a desktop background;

Seriously, Tesh is fantastic.

11 Responses to “Hi! My name is…”

okay, Elynea has also been very awesome, tons of Red Shirts that she made are in the Aliance side bank. Thanks, Elynea!

2. Keeva says:

That design is great.

I hate Scooby Doo.

3. Elynea says:

My pleasure! More coming! But not tonight…work comes early tomorrow. :)

4. Shane says:

Now, Im not sure of you have mentioned it somewhere, but what is the charity for? If its in the text please say so and Ill look it up… if not… and if I did come and participate, cause Im sure the time difference will screw with me somehow, is everyone aiming for level lowbies, DK starter levels or higher?

5. Kirk says:

The Scooby Doo movie, however bad it may be overall, still gets watched every so often just to see the end of Scrappy. I suggest a plan, therefore, whereby you show the movie very, very shortly after the first introduction of that particular evil. It will help, some.

And I agree with Keeva, the design is great – almost as good as the deed itself. Good onya, and on Tesh as well.

6. Gnomeaggedon says:

I’ve been doing a little more research into this whole BigBearButt thing… I’m glad to report that Cassie has you well and truly under control… but you will have to wait until (my) tomorrow to discover exactly what kind of research I have been engaging in.

7. kattrinsaa says:

That is an awesome design, good one tesh. Sadly, katt will not be present for this one. :-( I haven’t logged in since I cancelled my account to pursue other goals, such as teaching certificate and that pesky real life. But I will be with y’all in spirit. (no.. not spirit form) Let us know when the shirts are ready, i want one…

Shane, the concept for this event was originally posted in the following… post.

It’s all about the fight against heart disease.

And we’re trying to think of ways to make sure the event is friendly and accessible for players of all levels, but as you can imagine, the higher your character’s level, the less chance of being eaten by a passing grue you might experience, depending on where we are.

9. Lozer says:

As you may have seen, Whimzee posted on the last one about the guild we’re in, Obsidian Annihilation, possibly being able to help.

We’re still open to helping. Most anything you need, we can do. Feel free to send me an ingame mail, Lozer on the alliance and Dontdie on the horde, with anything we can do to help. :3

We’re always open to helping for a great cause.

Hey, got an email and reposnded to it, you might not have seen a post a while back tha referenced emailing me volunteering to help, and i then invite to the yahoo group volunteer site where we mostly sit and stare at our browsers in silence.

Still, I replied to the email, and any Obsidian Annihilation assistance will be and would be most welcome!

11. caliokiegirl says:

I love it, and I wish our server, Malfurion-US would do more things like that instead of just putting each other down in trade chat. Hey, maybe I should create my Cata Worgen on your server. I wish you the best of luck with the project, and wish I could help more. I will be looking forward to seeing and buying the shirts. Take care.