I have a few announcements for you, my friends.

First, I want to thank all of you who have read my writing here on the blog, whether it be just once or for months and even years. I may not have been the most consistent writer in terms of topic or mood, but I have always tried to be honest with myself and with you. Even in the most grumpy of my posts, I’ve always tried to be entertaining. Failing that, I’ve gone for distracting. Failing even that much, I’ll settle for irritating.

I’d especially like to thank everyone who has ever commented on the blog, or who has taken the time to email me with questions, or just to say hi. You may not understand how it feels unless you’re a blogger, but when someone takes the time to go out of their way to say “hi !”to you, it really does lift up your spirits and help you feel connected to the people on the other side of your writing. Talking into a vacuum becomes akin to talking to yourself… and I’m crazy enough already, thank you very much.

Verily, if your commenting here has helped me maintain what passes for stability, you’ve performed a valuable public service. Thank you.

Second, I want to let you know that the Big Bear Butt blog, written by me, the BBB, will continue. It’ll be right here. I ain’t going anywhere. I like you folks, and I love writing. I’ll keep writing posts, and they’ll go up here. Sometimes, if I pester her enough, Cassie will hopefully post as well. I don’t foresee there being many changes in the tempo, OR the length of my bearwalls. Just so you know.

Third… what KIND of posts I will write ARE changing. This is my big announcement.

If you come here to read the randomness that goes up, well and good, nothing will be really changing for you.

Storytime, trucking stuff, WoW stuff and life in general, RPG stuff, my Converging Forces story, whatever happens to be my enthusiasm that particular day, basically exactly what I’ve been doing here for the last year. That’s going to continue.

Here’s the deal. If you only have me in your feedreader because every once in a blue moon I put up something about World of Warcraft Druid Bear Tanking, if that is all you are interested in, if you’ve been getting tired of all these “offtopic” posts… now is the perfect time to take me off your feedreader.

Keeping me on your feedreader is just like trying to teach a bear to rappel down a mountain without tempting him with bacon first. All it does is irritate you, and if you get angry and demonstrative, piss off the bear. Nobody wins.

So if that’s what you’re here for, theorycrafting posts and the latest news about WoW Feral Druid Tanks, it’s been a wonderful run, but it’s time we said our farewells, and our courses began to diverge.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, and I hope that you have, at least once or twice in the past, found my site useful for preparing to tank in general and as a Bear Druid in particular.

God bless.

Why the sudden change. It’s pretty much a change that’s been coming for a long time.

I originally started writing guides and tips on Feral Druids in the beginning, years ago, because there was nothing whatsoever out there for Bears. I loved my Bear, everyone said you COULDN’T be an effective Bear, and I knew that was hooey. I loved it, and I felt that with some encouragement and a few tips, others would discover it was super fun awesome time too.

Sure, it was presumptive of me to assume that the advice I felt I had to offer would be either helpful or welcome, but what the heck. I didn’t really expect any audience except for my small circle of friends. So, no worries. I figured maybe 7 to 10 folks would see what i was writing, and we could chew the fat over this or that.

The biggest thing really was I wanted to have fun writing and I really did feel that I could fill that need, and help folks wanting to get started if someone somewhere had actually Googled “How the heck do I bear tank?”

It’s been a long time since those days.

Heck, it’s been a VERY long time since I was the lone Feral Druid voice in the blogosphere. A VERY long time. It’s been so long, that entire new MMOs have gone through beta, went live, and then hit the bug zapper since anything I wrote was fresh or relevant.

Nowadays, if you’d like some theorycrafting tips or advice on playing a Feral Druid, there are many people out there not only writing useful blogs, but who really want to be the person you can rely on for your Feral Druid knowledge. Sure, some of them are craving attention, desperate to be noticed and admired for their big brains, but others are genuinely nice people that are coming into their own voice and have new, fresh ideas and experiences to share. There are a lot of really valuable, wonderful writers out there that would love to help you.

All of them are out there, both the arrogant asshats and the super-considerate helpful writers, and more are beginning their blogging journies every day. I am now far from alone, and you no longer need my ancient experiences to guide you. As if you ever did.

You need a fresh perspective and a new vision.

If I’m going to be totally honest, I was never really cut out to be the “mentor” website person in the first place. I tried my best, but in time I did discover that a lot of people that read theorycrafting sites, and write theorycrafting sites, and comment on theorycrafting sites are driven by a desperate need. A need for what, I genuinely don’t know, but there is a lot of competitiveness in the theorycrafting arena, a lot of arguing for the sake of trying to score points, or be “right”, or whatever. A lot of ego on naked display.

It’s out there among bloggers, too. I’ve seen bloggers that never say anything unless it’s to comment about how someone else is wrong and start arguments and link back to themselves, and I’ve seen bloggers that comment in other’s blogs that if you want to read a “real” theorycrafting blog, go back and see them instead of this crap you’re looking at. No lie.

I’ve seen enough in dedicated theorycrafting sites to know I’ve seen too much. I have nothing personally to prove to anyone, no desire to be the big bear on campus, just a delight in writing and having fun.

Back when I saw the ever increasing rise of nastyness in the comments here and in the blogospere in general, I decided to let the theorycrafters and elitists go jerk themselves off and stopped writing those kinds of posts. I’ve never regretted it, not one single day. Many of the most offensive I simply blacklisted. The tone around here improved overnight. If you feel you have the right to piss in other people’s pools, don’t be surprised when they don’t invite you back for the next party.

I’ve never really thought of myself as being smarter or more knowledgeable than anyone else. I never considered myself a “theorycrafter”. I’ve always figured, if I could do it, anyone could, and wouldn’t it be nice if someone was there to offer some help and suggestions so they didn’t make the same stupid mistakes I did?

With that in mind, I always tried to write guides and tips and suggestions and lists aimed to help encourage people to be confident, to learn the fundamentals, to be brave enough to get out there and find their own path, and to understand how everything works together well enough on their own to make informed decisions, relying on no one, and certainly not on any website to tell them what to do.

I’ve never wanted to be the guy that does a guide that says “You must do what I say, follow this checklist, and come back here so I can tell you what to do next.” I’ve wanted to be the guy that says, “Here, these are the tools that will help you get started. Go, learn how to use them, and become a greater Bear Tank than I ever was. Discover your true potential, and be the best you can be. Now go forth, and rock the joint. And if you think of me… bounce.”

I’m looking around the blogosphere now, I’m reading Elitist Jerks, I check out the Druid column on WoW Insider (love you, Allison Robert!), I see the new posts going up daily on the Inconspicuous Bear and The Bear Flank and others too numerous to mention, and I can see that the function I was once covering is taken care of very well these days. I am an archaic heirloom of times gone past, and there are now plenty of non-asshat Feral Druid bloggers that write for normal people, not just to impress other elitists with how mathy and special they can be.

For me, the final decision to stop writing guides and Feral Druid rules posts came when I knew that I will not be raiding or even running instances come Cataclysm.

I do think that a person that is going to be assuming the mantle of authority for writing tips and strategies about performing your role in group events should actually be performing that role in a group in the latest content. The writer should speak from personal experience about what works, and what doesn’t work.

That ain’t me right now. And it won’t be me.

And so, to the wonderful people that have come here for Feral Druid guidance in the past, to you I truly do breathe a sigh of farewell. It’s been a wonderful journey together, but you have many more miles to go yet ahead of you, and many more adventures to share. Here by the fire is where my bones wish to lie, sleeping warm and snug while the cold of winter rages on outside, but you hear the wind howl, and feel not the cold, but a delicious excitement at the prospect of a new dawn, and a clear horizon.

Go you on your journeys, discover the adventures that yet lie in wait, and know that I begrudge you nothing, and I wish for you only the best in all that life and WoW has to offer. There is nothing more that I will have to give you, no guidance, no teachings, no wisdom. All that I have to offer you now are my well wishes and prayers that your journey will be a prosperous one, and as you do head out into the Cataclysm of tomorrow, know in your heart the truth that your journeys are yours and yours alone.

Thank you all, so VERY much for allowing me to feel that I have been of help to you in the past. My own journey with you has been fun, but there is bacon on the fire, and I’m so very tired…

When you find yourself in the front of the pack, charing into the enemy, if you happen to think of me, I only ask…

Do it on the Bounce!

60 Responses to “Announcing changes to the Big Bear Butt blog”

I will say one thing. I still continue to love my Bear, and I will continue to play my Bear. I still look forward to creating a level 1 Troll Bear, and leveling as a Bear tank from 1 to 85 with Cassie by my side on her intended Enhancement Shaman.

As I write about the things that I am enthusiastic about, I am sure I will continue to post Bear Tank things, observations, exuberances. I will NOT be silencing myself if I have something I would like to say.

What I will not be doing is creating Gear Guides for 4.0.1 or Cataclysm or upcoming content. I will not be doing rotational analysis of Bear Threat abilities. I will not be doing point analysis of threat generation timing. I will not be doing boss fight strategies. In short, I will not be useful.

I’ll still be here, it just won’t be very helpful for you, that’s all.

2. Keeva says:

I’ll be sticking around! :)

3. Paona says:

I’ll be quite frank, I wanted to be a bear druid because of you and this blog, and Windshadow’s escapades, and I still am. Not to put *too* creepy a point on it, but you’re the inspiration for my druiding.

And besides, one of the marks of a *true* leader is that people will still follow them around even when they’ve passed the mantle.

Bear hugs all around!

4. Figworth says:

I’ve never gotten a druid past 30, but I’ll keep coming back here – whether it be bear walls, cranky rants, or short tangents of the day.

5. Sol says:

I’d say goodbye, but you’re not leaving and neither am I, so … see you next post!

BTW – Not running any instances at all? You’ve always seemed very enthusiastic about tanking dungeons, far moreso than you ever did about number-crunching or raiding or any of that. Did something happen to push you toward that decision? Not disagreeing or protesting, of course … just curious :)

6. Kaiddi says:

You can make any topic interesting. I’ll certainly still be reading!

7. Tex says:

I came here for the Bear Grease, but I stay here for the Bacon.

8. Deandre - Dalaran says:

I enjoy the other stuff you write, especially the military stories as I’ve heard enough to come to truly appreciate them. But maaaaaan, now I’m going to actually have to take any new bears in my guild to school myself instead of just telling them to come here. ;)

9. Warscreamer says:

Hi!
    I already subscribed recommended bloggers.
    But Ill return here (well.. not exactly here, thanks to Google Reader) to read more stories like Owlkin Frenzy ;)
    BTW.. did my mail passed through your spam rules?:>

Have a nice day!

10. Fobok says:

I’m in and out, I don’t check every day, but I always eventually come back… and I don’t even play a Druid! Or even a tank! (Though, I’m thinking of levelling a resto/boomkin druid for Cata.)

I definitely read because your writing is fun to read, no matter the topic.

11. Tesh says:

Can’t get rid of me that easily, BBB. ;)

Offhand, why no instances in CAT? I can easily understand passing on raiding, but no instances on the new Troll Druid or just no endgaming?

…whatever the reason, if I could get my wife to play an MMO with me, I’d count myself lucky. We tried Guild Wars, but she just doesn’t get video gaming. At least we still play Settlers of Catan. :)

12. Beerbear says:

I thought of going Troll druid, until I saw the bear forms. The colors. I’m NOT a Haribo Goldbear! OI! I actually hate those. With passion. Hmmm… reason to finally jump into real PvP I guess. Kill Haribo Goldbears!

Anyway.

I’ll be around. Hell, I’ve been lurking for ages lol.

Btw, I’m glad to see I’m not the only one using the term “asshat.”

13. nugget says:

Tanks for all the years of tanky baar goodness BBB!

This nugget is one of those readers who came here years ago for tankstuffs, and then stayed to poke around years after leaving WoW. =)

14. Tsudrats says:

:) I’ll be continuing reading. What I enjoy is your sheer enjoyment even in those most frustrated moments. I’ll be honest to say I don’t play the game to be the absolute best, I do my best and am realistic about my abilities and so enjoy blogs that are not ‘just’ about the ‘formula’ for playing a character the ‘right’ way, like you point out about highlighting tools for people to take away rather than enforcing one way to play on them. It makes all of your writing enjoyable.

15. Tufva says:

I haven’t even had a bear (until last week), but you’ve still been on my feedreader for years – your take on WoW in general is great and I particularly like the military stories too.

I found that when I first started out with grouping / raiding on my priest I was desperately searching for blogs that could take me by the hand and give me tips and advice. But once you get an understanding of your class, you can dip into the theorycrafting yourself as and when you want and you don’t need those blogs anymore. The ones that stay in the feedreader are the ones that have a voice, that are a person musing about this and that. That’s my view anyway. :-)

Not going anywhere. :-)

16. Solitudeone says:

:) as long as you’re still writing, I’ll still be lurking about soaking it up.

17. Rob Coulstock says:

Oh you write bear stuff? I never noticed – can’t stand playing a druid :)

I read your stuff because you remind me of a real person with a real life. I look forward to reading it for many years to come hopefully.

Cheers

Rob

18. Nige says:

Long time reader, 1st time comment :)

Ive been playing a Feral Tank since the launch of BC and first found you and your site whilst looking for help and tips on how to be a better tank. The posts you have written in the past about Druid tanking in all its varied states have not only been helpful but a joy to read as well.

As with all things , times and circumstances change and as such so has this blog, and im my eyes this is no bad thing. Im just as happy reading about your various adventures (yep, im still thinking about that Owl through the Truck windscreen story ), your occasional rants , and sometimes if the mood takes some Tanking posts, but without exception they all make for a wonderful and entertaining read.

Ive come to think of this as a place like minded people can hang out and get together, with common intrests and just generally shoot the breeze, in my mind its like that local pub where everyone knows everyone else and theres always a story going around or the world to be put to rights.

Basically what im trying to say is that no matter the content i think that your readers (myself included) come for the way the posts are written and the humor and personailty behind it, and I for one will contiunue to visit your site on a daily basis , if there happens to be WoW stuff all well and good, if its something else ill devour it just the same.

Bearwall wraped in bacon?

So from one Furry brother to another, thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this and continue to do so, may you continue to crit with walls of text for evermore.

19. Kriyet says:

Wait, this is a FERAL druid blog?!

BBB, I read it for the parsonaliteh – you’re not dropping that are you? Well, then. I’m staying put.

20. Iota says:

In the beginning I may have come here for the advice. But that rapidly changed to the stories.

You’ve been on my favourites list at home and work for quite a while now and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Keep it up and sod the muppets who who think anyone cares about their vitriol.

21. Soupe says:

No matter what, I will still be reading tha Bearbutt, mon!

22. Nelimon says:

Hey BBB! First, thanks for the many posts over the past time: from tutorials, to informative, enlightening, funny, interesting, boring, irrelevant, bear-wall and downright ignorable posts, you’ve done it all. I understand the decisions you’ve made and frankly I think that you’ve already implemented what you’re saying you are.

Next, are you insane????? Suggesting I should take you off my RSS reader. Pfft. You Noob! That’s not gonna happen. /no

23. Nate says:

Good riddance. I’m not going to pretend to suck up to you like all these other losers. I’m glad you’ve admitted you suck. Get out of my feed reader.

24. waltur says:

I think he is just trying to get some of us to leave so he doesn’t have to share his new bacon with us……..
    It’s the stories i stay for though the tank stuff was helpful when i started mine out. I will get that info elsewhere while i read this site for the various other stuff you put up.
    Doing it on the Bounce, SIR!

25. Pawzy says:

You ‘n’ your blog inspired me to make my little druid twink and I had a blast. I came at first for bear-tanky wisdom, but continue to read because you are a talented writer and storyteller. =D

26. Shane says:

You had me afraid for a second. I read this blog once a week: Friday. It gets me head back on straight. I know that might sound weird but it’s a great thing to read someone’s posts about playing a game that play it because they enjoy it. I’m glad you’re dumping the theorycrafting because those were often the posts I’d skim. Not to say some of it wasn’t helpful, especially when I was the only tank in my guild and a great-horned bear during BC!

I’m glad your stories, both trucking and non, are staying and that you’ll still talk about your Azeroth adventures and anecdotes. As long as you’re posting, Patricelli, I’ll be back every Friday to catch up what I can!

27. Stobnor says:

Well, I stopped playing WoW about 12 months ago and you’re still on my “Websites I browse most evenings” mental list… When I was playing a Bear Tank, the information content for that was what I started coming here for, but I’m a complete fan of the randomness! Long may it continue!

28. Pazi says:

Back when I played my druid as a main tank (bc) I was looking for a forum/blog to read about it. That’s how I got here. Both my druids (alliance/horde) are now resto, and resto only (honestly, bear-tanking is to easy, especially now) … and are not my mains. My two-prot-paladins (horde/alliance) and my horde-holy-paladin are :/
    I still come here, once in a while to read your blog … because it’s so worth it – YOU touch my heart and I thank you for this.
    Nothing has changed for me.

Again, thank you <3

29. Drew says:

Heh. Well, you *say* you won’t be making gear guides, but sometimes, and this happens to me too, one does get the urge to put together what would just be the most reasonable, achievable set of fun gear to put together… I’ll wait and see. ;-) Never say never!

I came here originally for the bear info, but stayed for your voice – reasonable, great paragraph breaks, tinged with just a bit of Midwestern understatement.

And Allison Roberts *is* indeed super-awesome. <3

One thing I would be interested to learn more from you on: methods in balancing early fatherhood and an mmo habit. My first is due on December 6 (hereafter dubbed "Babyclysm"), the day before. Advice appreciated!

30. Caliea says:

I don’t play a tank and the only druid I ever rolled, supposedly a healer, is stuck at level 19 because she can’t remember to heal herself, much less anyone else. :D

I found your site when I first rolled my druid, and have kept it on my ‘blogs to watch’ list ever since. I like your honest tone, your random topics, and your sense of humor. Keep up the good work! The WoW community doesn’t need more theorycrafting right now. It needs people who have some common sense, who enjoy the game in its many aspects, and can encourage others to do the same.

I’ll still be lurking in the shadows (but not in a creepy way – I promise!)

31. Eliyen says:

“I think I speak for most of us when I say that we came for the Big Bear Butt, stayed for John Patricelli. =3″ – Paona

Amen to that! Count me in the camp that quit playing WoW a while ago, but still reads your blog posts religiously. Keep the bearwalls coming, and I’ll keep reading!

32. Lokyst says:

To be honest, my first saunter over here came at the behest of a “how to feral tank” list. But I seldom subscribed to those (as great as they are) since there is a lot of churn in class mechanics.

A witty turn of phrase will get me everytime though.

33. Darand says:

Like so many others, I came for the bear info and stayed for everything else. While there are so many good WoW blogs out there, only a very few bring me so much pleasure to read, regardless of the topic and yours is on that short list. I’m glad that you are keeping the blog active, and I look forward to your future posts!

34. Adam says:

I never expected theorycraft, analysis, guides, etc. I just expected well written, entertaining, and fun posts from someone that enjoys WoW and has a lot to share inside and outside of the game.

When you started that Tales from the Truck Stop series I was hooked! My dad used to drive before I was old enough to walk and he has some pretty good stories to tell as well. It’s very obvious when someone has a knack for writing and keeping a readers attention. Someone as passionate about it as yourself has no one to apologize to and owes nothing to anyone. Expectations are really silly..

What you write is what I want to read, simple as that. Think about it.

35. Iggledorf says:

Hey B3

You menitoned you are now an archaic heirloom, well in my experiences heirlooms are BoA. Which means I will definately keep comin back, might not be for tankin info but the rant and stories are always treasured.

36. Calbry says:

Yes, I was a big fan of your druid posts back in the day. You helped me gear up my first bear tank very successfully and I owe you a much overdue thank you for all the fun that character gave me.

But I’ve also really enjoyed all the other areas you’ve explored in this blog. The fiction, the reminiscences, the interesting discussions, and the rants. You’ve got real talent and I’m glad you’re not planning to stop.

And I appreciate how hard it must be to deal with people’s expectations. They liked what they got before and want more of the same. But that doesn’t give you much room for creativity and growth. I remember BRK getting a lot of the same — “stop with the funny military service stories and recipes, just post more articles about how to kiting or which pet is better for a SV spec.”

WoW isn’t going to be around forever, and I’m glad that it hasn’t stayed the sole focus of your blog. Looking forward to reading more!

37. Wælisc says:

Like so many of the previous post, I owe my confidence, thoughts and ability to Druid tank from spending useful and productive time reading and understanding your posts. I have spent hours smiling, laughing, agreeing, shaking my head reading your posts. Thank you for taking the time and effort to get so many of us off the ground. I for one will be back to read your ongoing adventures….

38. Dhrak says:

BBB,

I’ll be staying too. I stumbled in back when I first started tanking. I found your posts immensely… *IMMENSELY*… helpful. Not just the ones that talked about Bear skills, talents, gear, rotations, etc., but also the ones that discussed tanking in general. I have recommended your site to friends that didn’t even tank so that they could understand Bears better.

That said, I also greatly enjoy the stories and off-topic posts. So I’ll be staying too. Glad to hear that you will be staying around. You had me worried when I first started reading the post…

39. Herr Drache says:

Shees, first Veneretio, now you.

See, theorycrafting is one thing, and yes, there are people out there that do that really well, possibly better than you. /shrug. “Real World” applications, though, together with “common sense” (why is it called that anyway?!?!), not *that* is where you excel :)

But I understand – and I’ll be back here just reading about whatever you have to say, because, well, it’s entertaining. Sadly, though, quite frequently I can even relate to your views, questionably sanity, and exquisite (occasional) grumpyness :P

Could we hope for a few posts from that new bear tank you keep raving about? The Cassie-bear?!

Seriously, though, I have too much fun reading your blog, whatever it is you write about. Keep on doing that, and we’ll be here to read (and comment) :D

Sheesh – what does one have to do to see a bear rappelling down a mountainside… pics please?!

40. Herr Drache says:

Agh!!! Silly markups! I put a lot of “fries bacon upwind” , “Waves Bacon”, and “walks past your window with a huge plate of bacon” in between the paragraphs, sadly with “less than” and “larger than” symbols surrounding it. ALL GONE! (sniff…)
    So yeah, for every line break, insert something that I’d do to ensure you notice bacon, being lured by bacon, etc…
    Stupid me :( I should know better.

41. GrowlyBreard says:

Go???? Go where!!!! I’ve enjoyed your posts, but have never commented till now. My main in Wow is a hunter, but I have always read your blog. I kept on returning, not because of the druid posts, lol. You write from the heart. I can respect that.

btw I now have a druid tank. He just turned 80 today and you are to blame.

Cheers

42. Phoebrosa says:

I am gonna stay. Why? Because like some others have said… I like the personality of your blog. A little bit of everything. I enjoy a good laugh, learning things and of course a well put rant.

I am gonna stay. Mainly because I follow your thoughts about future WoW. Currently, I have no time to fit in a ICC let alone finish it. Theorycrafting? I am sure my 3yro makes more sense than adding math to something I enjoy. When I first arrived at your site, I was exploring bear tank. I am a kitty. one that has no addons, one that doesn’t really care about strategy. My guild sends baby druids to me – cause I can help with the early stuff, but after 60 – you need to figure out your own tactics. One that has no raid armour… one that only recently cracked “5.1k Gearscore” Why, because my life revolves around my son and school. Not a hell of a lot of time left in the day.

The posts that have nothing to do with WoW are proably the ones I enjoy best. My brain is random (could you tell). Real life stories are great! Fiction would fun to explore with you.

43. jeff says:

sure, i came here to learn how to baer tank, but i’ll stick around for the entertaining blog now that tank-teacher has retired.

44. Finwe says:

Paona said it well (3rd comment).

I just wanted to say I was thinking of you last week when I ran a random heroic in Forge of Souls. Now that we’ve got the mini-charge from skull bash on a short cooldown, I really felt like a rocket bear as I bounced around the group of spread out casters. I had never really tried that play style that you talked about so many times, but it sure was fun.

45. Baerli says:

What jeff said, I too came here for information on bear tanking when I was a little cub, I’ve grown to full size with thick hide now, and keep coming back for entertainment. You helped me tremendously getting up and running, although I only posted occasionally, I enjoyed reading. Keep the writing going, and I’ll be coming back. In short, screw the guides, write what you want but please don’t totally damn the bear stories.

46. Imalinata says:

Honestly, I forget how I found your blog as, while I play a druid, I have never had the slightest bit of interest in playing as feral. I’ve stuck around because I thoroughly enjoy your voice and writing style (even if some days it is INCREDIBLY difficult to not bust out laughing at work).

Keep on, keeping on. Clearly there’s more than a few of us who will still be here reading. :)

47. Adanos says:

Dude, you scared the crap out of me…. for a second there I thought you were going to get all “Lebron” on us:

“John have you made a decision?” “Yes, I have… Im going to get my talents to the Mages”

I thought they had brainwashed you, so… let me throw a sigh of relief

On a more serious note, I really really really hope you dont stop running randoms… cause your best work usually comes through in trucking stories and sociological essays on people running pugs, and for the love of god dont leave us without those gems QQ

Other than that, we love you dude and as Paona said “we came for the Big Bear Butt, stayed for John Patricelli. <3"

48. Aikho says:

I’m with Paona here, came for the Bear, stayed for the John.
    Didn’t take me long to figure that out after I got here either, which wasn’t that long ago, only a month or two, mere weeks before it started snowing here. And I actually came here through a search along the lines of “How the heck do I bear tank?”.

Keep writing and I will keep reading! :3

49. Strumwulf says:

Looking forward to your next post. Let’s head into the future on the bounce.

50. Grenadon says:

I’ll be reading even without the “theorycrafting’…you’ve been helpful with WoW in many ways and always entertaining. Can I ask you a question?…is this, in part, a reaction to the ongoing changes to the game and druids in particular? I must be getting old, but I’m not feeling the joy with some of the recent changes and I’m really nonplussed by the druid changes (particularly today, “Druids will be about the same health as plate tanks”). My dissatisfaction with Blizz’s treatment of druids and tanks specifically is growing daily. Do you feel the same?

Having said that, keep writing even if it’s not “technical”.