The grand day is finally upon us, and I think I’m all set.

There is just ONE last thing I need to attend to before the Expansion rolls out.

Buy gold? No, not hardly.

No, an event of this magnitude needs… a soundtrack!

I’ve just gotta have the right tunes to be jammin’ while playin’ WoW, mon!

So, I’ve got my Loreena McKennitt CDs on the computer, and I’ve got to figure out what the perfect mix of songs, in the perfect order, is to take into Cataclysm.

I’ve got the Book of Secrets, The Visit, The Mask and the Mirror, and Elemental. Oh, and the two CD live set, but I’ve got all the songs from that on other CDs, so that doesn’t count.

That’s a lot of songs. It’s gonna be hard work to pick just the right ones.

DARN hard work.

I refuse to quit, though. I don’t care if I have to listen to beautiful music all night if that’s what it takes, I’m not going to stop until I’ve got the perfect ‘mix tape’.

That’s just the lengths I’m willing to go in pursuit of my art, man.

I know, I know. How do I do it? How do I find the strength to carry on through such adversity? Such hardship?

I honestly couldn’t tell you. I’m just that amazing, I guess.

I hope everyone had a great launch night experience, and I’ll see you on the other side!

Listening to The Highwayman, probably.

17 Responses to “The Final Step!”
  1. Schecke says:

Words cannot express how awesome it is to me that you are also a Loreena McKennitt fan. Enjoy your soundtrack!

2. Intravax says:

I’ve got my soundtracks to both Rocky and Top Gun ready to go.

• bigbearbutt says:

Hmmm… Rocky yes, but Top Gun? There is only so much Danger Zone I can take, and I hit that limit in the ’80s. :)

Just kidding!

3. Joel says:

Good luck!

My daughter fell in love with The Highwayman when you featured it earlier and I bought the CD. Maybe you can get Loreena McKennitt to sponsor your leveling? :)

4. Fran says:

Nice to see another Loreena fan! Have you seen her live? Definitely a must!

5. elleseven says:

Have you listened to Nightwish? Kinda symphonic erethral rock from Finland. The song/video Nemo makes me think of wow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4LyKd-Hws
    Nightwish Arameth is great too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZn7k5rZLQ&feature=channel
    My fave dance song is MGMT electric feel justice remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DdDKtKw9B8

6. Fangtastic says:

Great to know you enjoy Loreena McKennitt too. :-)

As for me, I think I’ll give the in game music a listen for the first hour or so in a zone and then branch out to my collection.

Did you order digital copies or are you heading out to a midnight launch? I’m stoked to be heading out in about two hours. The Best Buy 10 mins from my home has a midnight launch and one of the wowinsider.com bloggers will be there. Several people are planning to go based on comments on the wowinsider post. Will be nice to see some fellow wow players.

Its cold tonight though, wish I had “Thick Hide” in real life!

My bear will be the first 80, followed by my warrior. The mage, hunter, priest and rogue will follow in no specific order. A goblin shammy will be trudging up from level 1 too.

Super excited! :D

• bigbearbutt says:

I did a digital download so I could play in the morning, and then Cassie reminded me that we had a gift certificate for Kmart for $20 off a game, plus Kmart has some special where if you buy a game you get a $15 gift certificate. So, I basically blew money on a digital download and then we’re going to buy her copy and get some actual cash back.

Because I’m an idiota.

7. Tesh says:

Mmm… yummy music. I really need to get more of hers. The Mummer’s Dance is good for just about anything, though. :)

8. Russ says:

I also enjoy Loreena McKennitt. The entire Book of Secrets album (and a lot of her other stuff, obviously) works well with WoW for exploring and questing.

I find that “The Battle of Evermore” by Led Zeppelin is also a good track for various WoW activities!

Hope you have a fun with it. :)

9. Mannyac says:

Don’t forget the Mediaeval Baebes either…

• bigbearbutt says:

How could I? It’s one of the great CDs you sent me in the mail. Without you, where would I get my Great Old Ones music?

10. Kaiddi says:

I approve of your music choices, BBB!
    However I think the perfect soundtrack for my dwarf shaman would have to be Korpiklaani.

• Lenaiya says:

Zomg! <3 <3 <3 Korpiklaani for raiding. Everytime I listen to them now, I always think about ICC. Good times, good memories, good music.

Also, BBB you are awesome for liking Loreena McKennit. I absolutely love her music.

11. savvy-savvage says:

I’m trying to come up with a different band for each race myself. Agents of Oblivion for Forsaken and Clutch for Dwarves are about as far as I’ve gotten but writing this I think I’ll try Skindred for Trolls.. hrm…Apocalyptica sounds right for Worgen oh I don’t know. I choose races more for the mood than the racials and the right music goes a long way for mood. I’m combining the musical theme of this post and the older post about how certain classes just felt right when you tried a different race as a basis for the relevance of my comment. My specific examples are probably not that important…Do you find yourself listening to different music for different toons?