With apologies to the Moody Blues, whose song and melody are the inspiration for this parody.

I’m just a queueing up to get a quick run
Looking for some more people
Who want to group up with me

And while I’m healing I see so many noobs
Tanks losing group aggro
Damage standing in green

And if you want my long cast heals
To glow around you
When you’re the only dumbass standing in the bad, don’t tell me

I’m just a healer in a gogogo pug!

The tank is charging at the whole &%$^ing group
I can’t heal that fast
we need some CC

If damage classes want to taunt off the tank
I’m gonna let you all die
Your screams aren’t bothering me

So if you want to pull the groups
in one endless chain
when you can see my mana running out
Please kill me

I’m just a healer in a gogogo pug!

How can we understand
damage for the meters for the idiots
Who are only destroying themselves

And when you see the dropping
health bars of the group around you
players still standing in the bad.

Standing in the bad.

I’m just a queueing up to get a quick run
Looking for some more people
Who want to group up with me

And while I’m healing I see so many noobs
Tanks losing group aggro
Damage standing in green

And if you want my long cast heals
To glow around you
When you’re the only dumbass standing in the bad, don’t tell me

I’m just a healer in a gogogo pug!

I’m just a healer in a gogogo pug!

How can we understand
damage for the meters for the idiots
Who are only destroying themselves

And when you see the dropping
health bars of the group around you
players still standing in the bad.

Standing in the bad.

Pugging is the misery causing our woes

Meeting so many asshats dying like fleas

I’m just a healer in a gogogo pug!
I’m just a healer in a gogogo pug!
I’m just a healer in a gogogo pug!

10 Responses to “I’m just a healer (In a gogogo pug!)”

You know, I really like this one. If I had that awesome smooth voice, I’d totally record this one.

2. Tim says:

It was that bad, huh? Sorry about that. Overall, have pugs gotten any better, or is it still more bad than good?

Tim

3. Riegnman says:

Great song. My experience with pugs has been pretty good in the last few weeks, though.

BTW, you should TOTALLY get with James@War with this. You can find him on youtube or Facebook and he’s awesome when it comes to parodies. Just saying . . .

4. Hedwig says:

BBB, where is your post on “writing every day” ? I’m actually working on a new blog and I wanted to reference you but I can’t find the post. Help! Please and thank you! Hope you had fun in raid this weekend!

Hey – everyone reading this comment…. I raided with BigBearButt!!! YAY! :D

5. Jonathan says:

Yeah, this pretty accurately reflects my TotT PUG last night. DK tank whining about low DPS (DPS wasn’t so bad, he just happened to be topping the DPS meters due to focusing on his DPS rather than holding aggro, DPS standing in the bad because the tank whined about DPS not doing enough deeps, healer running low on mana because I didn’t feel like dealing with multiple wipes, tank taking the most idiotic path through the second boss (Basically backed the melee into a corner on the don’t stand in bad) and not picking up adds on the last.

Le sigh. It’s not even like it was a new instance!

6. Copey says:

Very nice. I find the pugs to be getting slightly better now a days, at least in the heroics. I was running a new shammy through reg heroics last night to get him healing for my raids. I was on my bear, and though not “party leader” I marked the first trash pull with a square and a skull. Asked the nice hunter to trap pull, and waited. And waited.

Then I just said, “Or you can sit there I guess, that works too”. I pull, the hunter, after I’ve charged, swiped, tabbed to the caster, skull bashed and then bashed him…shoots a trap where the square used to be standing 18 seconds ago. Sigh. New hunter or bad lag, fine fine. The new shammy healer in my guild commented in g chat that he was healing the arms warrior more than me, I check and sure enough, he never attacked skull first. Ever, on any pull. Sigh again. Am I blessed to have 3 dps pugs that don’t know what marks on targets mean?

Then…warrior complains about tank aggro. Sigh. I, politely as possible (and I really, really dislike tanking for dps warriors for this exact reason), explain that the skull marked target is his friend, and he should attack it first. And some cc would help yo. We made it through with two successful trap pulls in the whole instance (which the hunter broke both of them with a multi-shot right after), an accidental pet pull by the lock that left only two out of five us alive after I blew all cooldowns to maximize both my tankiness, and my dps, and the final boss fight where we all had to sit down and regain either health and mana, but instead of sitting, the lock “lol, hit the wrong button, meant to drink” pulled the boss.

So yeah, pugs are getting better… if you are a fully T11 tank with a decent healer who can take over all cc duties for the dps. Now on my hunter and pally…different story. I’m gearing up through the AH for those guys and right into guild raids.

7. Fluxuation says:

Best post ever ! Now if only all the asshats would get it, we would be fine …. I think my most memorable asshat was a boomkin who yelled at me because I did not dispel him …. priceless

8. Noki says:

It drives me totally insane when the moron tank who aggros more than he can handle blames me for his screw ups. I love healing but currently I am having a hard time picking up Pugs because of the morons out there. Anyone else reluctant to pick up Pugs? I can tell the skill level of folks right away with how they play and how their health bars go. And wth is up with locks who SoulStone themselves?? Great, we wiped.. can you rez the group mr lock? Grr :D Thanks for making me laugh and changing my favorite MB’s tune… Noki