There has been a delay in new postage, simply because I have been searching (and interviewing) looking for new employment quite assiduously.

I have now found said employment, the traditional making and accepting of offers is complete, and I can now relax…

Ha!

No, now I can plan my assault upon my new employer, dedicated to showing that I am the chosen one, the new employee that will make them say to themselves, “Shit dawg, why didn’t we hire that (&*%^& two years ago?”

Or at least impress them enough that I am not let go before my probation period is over.

So.

Stress. Yes, stress. Not “living through an earthquake” stress, or “My state just got hit by a hurricane and I’ve been cut off from food, water, plumbing and electricity for 5 days, hand me the shotgun I’m gonna loot the Wal-Mart” stress, but stress just the same.

I’ve had some posts I’ve wanted to write. But all of them, at their heart, were pretty angry rants directed at people whose attitudes have been irritating me lately, and in the interest of following the inspiration of Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, I have therefore been saying to myself, “Don’t blog angry. Don’t blog angry!”

Will I post a real post again soon? Indubitably!

But until that day (which may come later this week), I will leave you with this link.

Out of the blue, I stumbled on the Hijinks Ensue webcomic, and I’ve been browsing through their archives. A rich, meaty banquet of hilarity doth indeed ensue within.

There are moments of genius, but I love love LOVE the accompanying text post that went with this comic.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I love it when a practical joke comes together.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I shall return to my idle moments of browsing webcomics while waiting for my mental equilibrium to return without the addition of lithium or librium, thank you very much.

9 Responses to “Distractions”
  1. katie says:

Groundhog Day is one of my most favorite movies. I am glad to know I am not the only one who likes it!

2. Minos says:

I, too, have just started a new job. I’ve been planning to buy several of Joel’s shirts once my finances restabilize. Especially the Team Edward (James Olmos) one.

Since we’re on the topic of webcomics, I want to thank you for exposing me to Schlock Mercenary. I’m halfway through Live Free or Die, and loving it.

3. ursiheil says:

Awesome to hear about the new job man!

And yeah, Hijinks Ensue is one of the better webcomics out there… I’m personally a fan This one as well as so many others…

Hope the new job is excellent… and if you wanna celebrate over this labor day weekend in a geeky fashion, feel free to throw me a tweet.

4. Cozy says:

Good luck with the new job!

5. Feraliteration says:

Congratulations on the new job!

6. Zwingli says:

Just had to say, “Thanks for the Rick Roll!”

Z

7. Chawa says:

Bear!! So happy to hear that you’ve sucessfully battled through the job hiring process to gain a new job! Congrats!!!

• bigbearbutt says:

Thank you and everyone that took the time to drop in. It’s been an adventure, meaning it sucked real bad at the time.