Cassie and I drove down from the Twin Cities to Winona, Minnesota this weekend to see Collin Raye perform at Winona State University for a Mothers Day treat. Collin Raye is one of Cassie’s favorite musicians, and I admit I’m very fond of him as well.

Collin Raye has this one particular song that Cassie knows is probably my favorite song ever, a song that speaks to me of everything in my entire life, and how I feel about it. Probably a “I’m old” thing, but every time I hear Collin Raye sing the song, I get one of those flashback montage things in my head.

Well, Collin kinda hinted that the next song he was going to sing was going to be this song, so Cassie had enough advance warning to get the camera out and set it to record video.

The beginning is totally shaky-cam, but since Cassie was all twisted up trying to record from our third row seats without having the 1000 gigawatt light from the LCD screen on the camera blind everyone behind us, I think she did fantastic.

Honestly, this is probably my favorite song. It’s not one that goes on the gym workout track, or the “I want to drive 120 mph and feel like a Formula One driver” CD, but it’s the song that always makes me stop whatever I’m doing at the time to turn it up and listen.

I think it says it all that, during what is supposed to be Cassie’s special night to relax and enjoy the music she loves, she still thought of me to record this song. What it says is, I don’t do enough for Cassie.

I hope you enjoy it in the spirit it’s offered. And if you do, I encourage you to take the time to visit Amazon and consider buying one of his CDs. The new gospel one is, IMO,  fantastic. Undefeated is great too.

Happy Mothers Day, everyone.

In case the video embed doesn’t work, here is a direct link.

PS… I don’t get any money for this at all, this is a true word of mouth “I really love this song” thing. YMMV.

7 Responses to “He’s Playing My Song”
  1. Asherrylie says:

Thanks for sharing! :)

2. Navimie says:

Thanks for sharing :)

3. JD Kenada says:

Sounds as phenomenal as ever. I’m more of a “That’s My Story” fan, but even still. Thanks for sharing!

4. Xew says:

Not a fan of country, due to the overabundance of the “pedal steel cat” – I can’t stand that whiny sound… but to each their own, right? Outside of that though, this song is pretty good :)

5. Elynea says:

Loved it. Never heard him before. Will be looking for him, now. :) Thank you for sharing…and Cassie, for preserving!

6. errol says:

dam bear.
    song one of my new favs.
    you may be right.
    maybe you dont deserve your skill with words. maybe you dont deserve your life and family. maybe you dont deserve your wife.
    but you got all.
    and thank you very much for shareing
    i releach every word you type.
    and dont tell gome but im reading him now to.
    a very heart felt thanks for all you give tyvm

7. errol says:

hug her for me.
    i think she keeps yu going.
    and keeps you giveing your words to us