My son got a drop in Outlands while running with Cassie and I in SSC, where we were just trying to get him neat looking stuffs, the Pauldrons of the Argent Sentinel. The shoulders look very cool, so he transmogged them and has used their appearance ever since.

One day he saw me on WoW Model Viewer, and I showed him how I could load his character from the Armory and play around with different looks.

He asked me if the shoulders he had were part of a set.

Well, shoot. I think so. You’d think they would be, they’re pretty sharp looking, right?

Not so simple.

What I found was that technically they are a recolor of a recolor of a Paladin shoulder armor from a Tier set, but they weren’t really part of a full recolor “set”.

I had faith, however, that if I scoured the Model Viewer long enough I would find a complete matching set in theme and color.

So I have, and I’d be delighted to share it with you, because I think it looks very… dignified. It seems to me to be the equivalent of Full Dress Uniform for military plate. I can envision a Plate Warrior or Paladin using one set of armor on the front lines, spiky and brutal and efficient, and then having this set of armor as Full Mess Dress. Your Dress Grays, as it were, for The Field Army Ball.

The set consists of the following pieces, all from Outlands. If you pay close attention, you might, I say MIGHT, detect a pattern;

Head: Brighthelm of Justice – Drops from easily reachable boss Hydross the Unstable in SSC (Serpentshrine Cavern)
Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Argent Sentinel – Drops from boss Morogrim Tidewalker in SSC
Back: Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape – Purchasable from Justice Points from the legacy vendors in Dalaran
Chest: Glowing Breastplate of Truth – Drops from the Lurker Below in SSC. Best have your Fishing skill up there for this one.
Gloves: Glorious Gauntlets of Crestfall – Drops from boss Lady Vashj in SSC.
Waist: Girdle of Hope – A drop from boss Azgalor, in the Battle for Mount Hyjal raid.
Leggings: Pyrium Legplates of Purified Evil – A strange one for this set. Crafted by an iLevel 397 Blacksmith with a Dragon Soul pattern.
Boots: Blue’s Greaves of the Righteous Guardian – purchased from the Justice vendor in Shattrath
Weapon: Two Handed Axe, Honed Voidaxe – You might have trouble here. This is a quest reward for completing the Ring of Blood in Nagrand. If you already did it, and got rid of your reard or chose something different, that’s gonna hurt. This is a rockin’ axe look.

So, if by chance you happen to be part of a three or four person team that would all like to take your geared up level 85s (or, with MoP, level 90s) and farm some interesting gear, why, this is a fine set.

Almost like a team of two adults and a few gaming youngsters, huh? Go figure. :)

Happy hunting through the underbelly of slithering serpents for the gear!

7 Responses to “Shiny Happy Slithering Serpent Chopper!”
  1. Navimie says:

That is a VERY nice transmog Bear! Time for some Naga smashing!

2. Thelandira says:

That does look awesome! I applaud you for putting that together with ModelViewer…it is not the easiest way to find matching gear. What is the easiest you ask? An addon called MogIt (found at Curseforge). I had been using ModelViewer for quite a while and stumbled across MogIt and I haven’t looked back since. It’s basically the same thing as ModelViewer. But, instead of having a list of names of gear to sift through, you have a window with however many “preview” sections you want where you can see the items on your character. Then, you just hover your mouse over them to see what they are and where they drop. You can also save the outfits you put together for future reference. They also have sub-addons to go with it that show armor sets, mounts, companion pets and even hunter pets…because c’mon…any hunter (which I am) worth his/her weight in arrows needs to have a pet to match his/her rocking gear. Am I right? lol

• Rowtan says:

I can recommend Mogit .. there are various plug-ins for it too, and I’ve spent hours just looking through all the options for the shiniest gear available :P It also shows where they drop/how to get them, and if there are alternative places to find the same model.

3. Dave C says:

Awesome thanks!

I have the one hand sword variety of that weapon, any thoughts on a shield that would go with it? Kinda thinking one of the SSO exalted shields would

4. Kemonojin says:

The same axe model can come from a different quest. It’s green quality; if’s the same model, but a slightly brighter blue and yellow. I like it better, but it wouldn’t match that armor set quite so well. For anyone looking, the other quest is
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=10313 ‘Measuring Warp Engines’, and the axe is the http://www.wowhead.com/item=30364 Resonating Axe. (Sorry, dunno how to make pretty links)

5. Pawzy says:

Jaw dropped. LOVE that suit you put together!

6. Beshara says:

For those who may have already done both quests, there is the BoE blue Crystalforged War Axe that is similar in design, but not identical.