I’m about done with April Fools as a thing, since most folks I’m seeing on the internet seem to see it as an excuse to be assholes.

As if anyone needs an excuse, right?

Still, some bits are funny.

I loved the lighthearted and sometimes pointed references to concerns past and present in the Blizzard Warlords 6.0 patch notes, I think they were awesome and fun. I really liked them, and I was surprised by how a lot of the remarks felt, well, spot on. Like a private in-joke for those of us that have been deeply involved with WoW for years, and know all the trials and complaints and outright begging and bitching we’ve endured over the years.

I won’t dwell on the negatives much, although I do want to call out The TV Addict website for being outright assholes. No, really, fuck you.

Through all of the troll lol lolling, there has to be a winner, though.

I hereby present my vote for the most surprising laugh-out-loud April Fool moment today;

Ladies and gentleorcs, I hereby present to you my UI when I logged in a few minutes ago;

elvui_helloaprilfools

I use ElvUI for a complete UI replacement, and I love it dearly. I LOVE having the mix of standard button bars and the health bars bottom center, and basically everything being where I’m looking so I’m never called to look to upper left to check status or health or whatever.

Little did I suspect, when I installed my UI that I was soon to be on my way to Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

What you don’t see in this screenshot is, those little kitties are dancing. Yes, they’re animated.

OMG so cute!

Even after the day I’ve had, this put a big smile on my face. Well done, ElvUI. Well done.

8 Responses to “April Fools has gone too far!”
  1. Hasteur says:

It’s like Contact diabetes. Now I feel compelled to troll around in Whymsyshire on D3

2. Amerpriest says:

It’s so funny love the elvui… There was a Harlem shake one too. Lol :)

3. Karen says:

Thank you Triple B for the actual out loud laugh!

I had to cancel my WoW account until things are a little better on this end but I expect to be back very soon. Until then, I’m over in Hearthstone playing a hunter beast deck :D

4. Litedoctor says:

How about the Wowhead 5.4.8 PTR datamining? http://wowhead.com/news=232598/patch-5-4-8-ptr-new-seasonal-events-cosmetic-tab-added-to-in-game-shop-heroes-ro

I gotta say, I would love their new seasonal event: Winter is Coming.

5. BoneSpike says:

My suggestion for the seasonal event… New scenario:Red Wedding.

6. Matty says:

Aw, man, I use elvui too and I didn’t get Hello Kitty! Not sure I got anything – that is super fun!

7. RiegnMan says:

I KNEW that it was an April fool’s joke when you linked it but somehow, by the time I had made it half way through the article, I had convinced myself that you somehow mis-linked to an actual article and that they were REALLY bringing Firefly back. Funny how the human mind works, huh?